Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Starting my journey for a better me!

01 April 2009

I am a 36 year old "frumpy" man, not in the shape I used to be in and finally decided to do something about it.
I am in the Navy, have been for almost 18 years now. I use to stay in shape by running all the time, playing soccer and working out at the gym.
Over the last 2 years I have really let myself go. I had a torn miniscus in my knee and had to wait a while to get into the doctor and get it scoped. I had the operation last summer, it has just recently finnished healing enough for me to start running.
I was able to run my last PRT (physical rediness test) in the Navy. First one in 2 years, I ran a 10.30 mile and a half. Not bad for only being healed for about 2-3 months.

Now I really want to build on that success and take charge of my life with this program. I am so excited to see and to show off my new body in 12 weeks. I will be so happy, and feel so much better.

I will be posting weekly pictures of me as I go through this challenge so we can all see how my body responds to this way of living.

My goals are to loose 30 lbs of fat, gain 20-30 lbs of muscle, be a more positive person, have more energy and feel better about myself

Body for life is not a "Fad" or a "Diet" it is a way of living from now on. The concept revolves around eating 6 small meals (portioned into fist sized portions of a protien a carb and a vegitable) spaced 2-3 hours apart every day as well as a workout program that alternates weights and cardio workouts every other day with the 7th day being your "day off".

Here is the website for Body-for-LIFE
http://bodyforlife.com/



These are links to the other posts in this blog:


My Body-for-LIFE Journey: To get in shape

My Body-for-LIFE Journey: Body-for-LIFE Books

My Body-for-LIFE Journey: My starting measurements

My Body-for-LIFE Journey: Comments

My Body-for-LIFE Journey: Bowflex Ultimate Home Gym

My Body-for-LIFE Journey: Vegetarian

My Body-for-LIFE Journey: Quinoa

My Body-for-LIFE Journey: 2009 Partners Challenge

My Body-for-LIFE Journey: What I want to look like

My Body-for-LIFE Journey: Starting my journey for a better me!

My Body-for-LIFE Journey: The Body-for-LIFE Challenge


I also have a Financial blog about My Quest for Financial Independence that you can see here:

http://quest-for-financial-freedom.blogspot.com/








Search Engine Submission






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Increase Web Traffic